englcomen2marquezi

Vacation in Hong Kong

          Five years ago, we went to Hong Kong during our summer vacation. My family, together with my relatives, was excited to go there even if it was only for three days. It was the month of May and my brother was not able to go with us because DLSU had started classes already. We went to Philippine Centennial Airport and it was my first time to board a plane. I enjoyed seeing different planes of different countries; it made me say “Wow! So this is what it feels to be in an airport”. The plane we boarded was PAL Boeing 747 which was actually larger than the other planes. I took the seat beside the window but I was disappointed because the wing of the plane blocked the view and I could only see a little. The food at the plane was delicious. For breakfast, we were served sausage with vegetables. Though it was only a sausage, it was the best breakfast I have eaten. The stewardesses were all fluent in speaking different languages. I heard one of them converse in Japanese, Chinese and English to foreigners. I know that she was good at Japanese because I have watched different films, anime and some dramas of Japan. We traveled the beautiful blue sky for two hours.

          Afterwards, we arrived in Hong Kong and it was raining there. The rain was neither that hard nor light; it was only moderate. As the plane landed, I saw the rear part of the wings flop to reduce speed. I could almost see the thick air mixed with rain shower. There was like a white line created by the thick air. We got off the plane and I saw different people of different nationalities. Later on, we rode the tour bus. It was quite colder there in Hong Kong than here in Philippines. The temperature there was 20°C unlike here in Philippines which is about 26°C - 30°C. We toured different places in Hong Kong. The tour guide introduced us about its history. The tour guide was a Chinese lady. She spoke English fluently and she was tall-about 5’8, with long brown hair. In our first day there, we spent our time in our hotel and shopped in the streets. During our tour at Victoria Harbour, I felt the strong sea breeze blow my hair to disarray as the tour guide took a picture of me for my souvenir. The picture was given to me in our third day there. It was printed on a plate. We were able to see the Central Plaza, Hong Kong’s tallest building just across the bay. It was about 78 storeys high. There were also statues of Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and other known figures along the harbor.

          In our second day, we went to Hong Kong Disneyland. It is just actually a small park because you can tour it in only a day. My cousin and I rode the “Space Mountain”. It is a roller coaster which runs in high speed, approximately 30 Kph. While riding in it, we felt like we were traveling in space because of the pitch black background and very little light was seen because it only came from the look-alike stars inside. I bought a red shirt with the picture of Pluto. If you wear the shirt, it will look as if Pluto went through your body.

          In the third day, we went to Ocean Park. It had a large signboard at the entrance. The signboard was a cartoon picture of a seal with its hands saying welcome. Afterwards, we rode the film simulator. We found the film simulator thrilling because it actually makes you feel like being in the film. My favorite ride there in Ocean Park is the Abyss tower. It is a 20 storey high tower with seats around it. My cousin and I rode it once only because after our first try it started to rain. The ride took us up and we were able to see the beautiful green island and bluish China Sea. Afterwards, it took us down in an instant. I thought I was going to die and I could not feel my seat anymore while it was taking us down and that is what made it fun. I hope that I could ride it again someday. I would want to see the Dolphin show there again next time.

Reflection:

In writing this essay, it was fun remembering the days of my summer before my high school. My family went to Hong Kong. It was my first time in going to other countries. I intended to write more but time made it difficult for me. It was hard describing every detail of what happened but it was a good challenge as it tested my memory too. I hope that I will be able to write this kind of essay again in the future because it is just great to describe things in a creative way. It also tests ones imagination. If I am going to write blogs, it would be great to use this kind of essay.

4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Good quality info. Lucky to me I came to your website not on purpose, but now I have bookmarked it. site review


  2. Unknown Says:

    I want to to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it.I have you bookmarked to look at new stuff you.
    Coursework Writing


  3. Troy Flores Says:

    Paraphrasing and also outlining are both indispensable writing instruments. There're both techniques of adding additional writers' functions as well as concepts into your current writing in your unique terms. See more paraphraser online


  4. the curse Says:

    Me too went to hongkong in summer


Post a Comment